Who we are
Bubbles and Chaos is a special needs parenting lifestyle blogazine created, edited, and owned by Stace “Spot on Chaos” Freeze.
We are committed to safeguarding and respecting your privacy regarding any information we may collect from you or which you may provide to us, in the circumstances set out below.
For the purposes of the EU General Data Protection Regulation ((EU) 2016/679) (“GDPR”), we, Bubbles and Chaos, are the “data controller”. If you have any questions about
this policy or about how we use your Personal Data, please contact us via our contact details at the end of this policy and we will gladly assist you.
Personal Data – any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person.
Processing – any operation or set of operations which is performed on Personal Data or on sets of Personal Data.
Data subject – a natural person whose Personal Data is being Processed.
Child – a natural person under 16 years of age.
We/us (either capitalized or not) –
Data Protection Principles
We promise to follow the following data protection principles:
- Processing is lawful, fair, and transparent. Our Processing activities have lawful grounds. We always consider your rights before Processing Personal Data. We will provide you information regarding Processing upon request.
- Processing is limited to the purpose. Our Processing activities fit the purpose for which Personal Data was gathered.
- Processing is done with minimal data. We only gather and Process the minimal amount of Personal Data required for any purpose.
- Processing is limited with a time period. We will not store your personal data for longer than needed.
- We will do our best to ensure the accuracy of data.
- We will do our best to ensure the integrity and confidentiality of data.
Data Subject’s rights
You, as the Data Subject, have the following rights:
- Right to information: you have to right to know if your Personal Data is being processed, what data is being collected, how it’s being collected, why it’s being collected, and who’s collecting and processing it.
- Right to access: you have the right to access Personal Data being collected from/about you. You can request and obtain a copy of your Personal Data we’ve gathered. ed.
- Right to rectification: you have the right to ask us to correct or erase inaccurate/incomplete Personal Data belonging to you.
- Right to erasure: in certain circumstances, you can ask us to erase your Personal Data from our records.
- Right to restrict processing: under certain circumstances, you have the right to restrict Processing of your Personal Data.
- Right to object to processing: in certain circumstances, you have the right to object to Processing of your Personal Data.
- Right to object to automated Processing: you have the right to object to automated Processing, including profiling; and not to be subject to a decision based solely on automated Processing. This right you can exercise whenever there is an outcome of the profiling that produces legal effects concerning or significantly affecting you.
- Right to data portability: you have the right to obtain your Personal Data in a machine-readable format or if it is feasible, as a direct transfer from one Processor to another.
- Right to lodge a complaint: should we refuse your request under the Rights of Access, we will tell you why. If you are not satisfied with the way your request has been handled, please contact us.
- Right for the help of supervisory authority: you have the right for the help of a supervisory authority and the right for other legal remedies such as claiming damages.
- Right to withdraw consent: you have the right to withdraw any given consent for Processing of your Personal Data.
What personal data we collect and why we collect it
We will only collect and use your Personal Data where:
- we have lawful grounds to do so, including to comply with our legal obligations
- we are performing a contract with you for our services
- we have legitimate interests in using your Personal Data, and your interests/rights don’t override those interests.
Bubbles and Chaos collects personal data, such as name, email address, personal account preferences, transactional data, and technical data, such as information about cookies. This is done to improve your user experience by helping us provide better, personalized content to our readers.
Currently, our policy is to retain personal data for a period of five years to assist us in better understanding our audience over a longer period of time, and also to better track our own performance within our niche. Understanding where our readers are from, what topics they are most interested in, and how they are accessing our site, for example, assists our writers and designers in providing more of what our audience wants to see and to present that content in formats that have been optimized for particular screens and operating systems.
Personal Data that you provide to us
We only collect Personal Data where you choose to interact with us on the Website in the following ways:
|ACTIVITY||TYPE OF PERSONAL DATA COLLECTED|
|When you sign-up to:
receive free content, such as our newsletter, eBooks, PDFs, videos, and offers.
|When you purchase a product or service directly from us:
(We do not currently have products or services available for purchase; should this change, we will update this policy accordingly).
|When you complete the media inquiries/”contact us” forms:||
|When you complete the Comments section in response to content appearing on our site:||
When visitors leave comments on the site we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognize and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
If you upload images to the website, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors to the website can download and extract any location data from images on the website.
Data that we collect automatically
We automatically collect certain information when you visit our website—such as the type of browser and operating system you are using, and the domain name of your Internet service provider. We do not link this information with any Personal Data.
Cookies and other technologies we use
Cookies are small text files that store info on your computer and are used to help make sites work. Only we can access the cookies created by our website. You can control your cookies at the browser level. Choosing to disable cookies may hinder your use of certain functions.
- Necessary cookies—these cookies are required for you to be able to use some important features on our website, such as logging in. These cookies don’t collect any personal information.
- Functionality cookies—these cookies provide functionality that makes using our service more convenient and makes providing more personalized features possible. For example, they might remember your name and e-mail in comment forms so you don’t have to re-enter this information next time when commenting.
- Analytics cookies—these cookies are used to track the use and performance of our website and services
*A Note About Google Analytics Cookies*
- If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
- If you have an account and you log in to this site, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
- When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
- If you edit or publish an article, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no personal data and simply indicates the post ID of the article you just edited. It expires after 1 day.
|_stid||persistent||365 days||This cookie is associated with .sharethis.com; it enables integration with the ShareThis social media sharing service.|
|_Unam||persistent, third party||9 months||This cookie is associated with ShareThis.com and is a social sharing widget placed within our site. It enables content sharing across social networks, and also counts clicks and page shares.|
|wp_api||persistent, third party||0 Days||This cookie is hosted by wordpress.com; its exact purpose is unknown/unclassified at this time.|
|wp_api_sec||persistent, third party||0 Days||This cookie is hosted by the domain wordpress.com; its exact purpose is currently unknown/unclassified.|
|wpSGCacheBypass||session, third party||0 Days||This is a wordpress.com cookie and is used for local caching purposes to improve loading time of the website.|
You can remove cookies stored in your computer by accessing your browser settings. You can also control some 3rd party cookies by using a privacy enhancement platform like optout.aboutads.info or youronlinechoices.com. For more information about cookies, visit allaboutcookies.org.
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
When embedded content is used within Bubbles and Chaos, we will be sure to credit the original source. This will not only make it easier for you, dear Data Subject, to better control and understand collection of your Personal Data, but it’s also just plain ol’ good practice regarding ethics.
How we use your Personal Data
We will only use your Personal Data when the law allows us to. Most commonly, we use your Personal Data to:
- process and manage your use of our website
- provide our service to you. This includes, for example, registering your account, providing you with products/services that you’ve requested, providing you with promotional items you’ve requested, communicating with you regarding requested products and services, communicating and interacting with you in general, and notifying you of changes to any services
- enhance your customer experience
- fulfill an obligation under law or contract
- respond to your questions, comments and requests
- deliver communications that are relevant to your preferences/may be of interest to you (where you have opted-in to receive marketing from us)
- improve our services and Website through analysis of information.
We use your Personal Data on legitimate grounds and/or with your Consent.
On the grounds of entering into a contract or fulfilling contractual obligations, we Process your Personal Data for the following purposes:
- to identify you
- to provide you a service or to send/offer you a product
- to communicate either for sales or invoicing
On the grounds of legitimate interest, we Process your Personal Data for the following purposes:
- to send you personalized offers* (from us and/or our trusted partners)
- to understand reader/user behavior to improve the quality, variety, and availability of products/services/content offered and provided
- to conduct questionnaires concerning reader interests, satisfaction and/or audience background/personal experience
As long as you have not informed us otherwise, we consider offering you products/services that are similar or same to your purchasing history/browsing behavior to be our legitimate interest.
With your consent we Process your Personal Data for the following purposes:
- to send you newsletters and campaign offers (from us and/or our trusted partners)
- for other purposes we have asked your consent for
We Process your Personal Data in order to fulfill obligation rising from law and/or use your Personal Data for options provided by law. We reserve the right to anonymize Personal Data gathered and to use any such data. We will use data outside the scope of this Policy only when it is anonymized. We save your billing information and other information gathered about you for as long as needed for accounting purposes or other obligations deriving from law, but not longer than 5 years.
We might process your Personal Data for additional purposes that are not mentioned here, but are compatible with the original purpose for which the data was gathered. To do this, we will ensure that:
- the link between purposes, context and nature of Personal Data is suitable for further Processing;
- the further Processing would not harm your interests and
- there would be appropriate safeguard for Processing.
If you wish to have an explanation as to how the processing for the new purpose is compatible with the original purpose, please contact us. If we need to use your Personal Data for an unrelated purpose, we will notify you and we will explain the legal basis which allows us to do so. We will inform you of any further Processing and purposes.
How long we retain your data
Our maximum data retention period is currently for no longer than a period of five years (with the exception of comments and their meta-data, which are retained indefinitely).
For users that register on our website (if any), we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
Where we send your data
Visitor comments may be checked through an automated spam detection service.
Data of consenting users may also be sent to mail subscription services (for example, Mail Chimp) in the future; we have temporarily paused using this service. At such time as we resume using it, we will update this page accordingly and notify you of such changes.
How we protect your data
We implement a variety of security measures to maintain the safety of your personal information when you enter, submit, or access your personal information.
Sharing of your Personal Data
We take your privacy seriously and will not share your Personal Data with others, except as permitted by applicable law or as set out below:
We share Personal Data as necessary with third parties who provide services or functions on our behalf and who require the information to provide those specific services to us. These third parties may include social media platforms such as Facebook and Google Adwords for the purpose of custom audience generation and the development of targeting criteria for other audiences. Please note that we have appropriate data privacy safeguards in place with third parties with whom we share Personal Data as described above and who are providing services or functions on our behalf.
We disclose your Personal Data to trusted third parties or public officials when we are legally obliged to do so. We might disclose your Personal Data to third parties if you have consented to it or if there are other legal grounds for it (third parties who assist in operating our website, conducting our business, or providing services/content/products to you, providing said parties agree to keep this information confidential).
We do not intend to collect or knowingly collect information from children. Bubbles and Chaos and our services are aimed at adults, and we do not knowingly collect any
Personal Data relating to children aged under 16 years old. If you are under the age of 16, please do not provide us with any of your Personal Data, including your email address.
Access to and control over your Personal Data
You have legal rights under applicable law regarding your Personal Data. You can ask the following questions, or take the following actions, at any time by contacting us via email Spot@BubblesAndChaos.com, or via our postal address (details below):
- see what Personal Data we hold about you (if any), including why we are holding it and who
it could be disclosed to
- ask us to change/correct your Personal Data
- ask us to delete your Personal Data
- object to the processing of your Personal Data
- ask us to restrict the processing of your Personal Data
- withdraw any consents you have given us to the processing of your Personal Data
- express any concerns you have about third parties’ use of your Personal Data
Bubbles and Chaos, https://BubblesAndChaos.com
Email for Privacy Questions: Spot@BubblesAndChaos.com
Postal Address: PO Box 2102 Village Mills, Texas 77663
Last modification was made 11/09/2018.